March 10, 2008
We had the first talk with our Russia coordinator today and we have been assigned a region in Russia for our adoption. What this means is that Ellery is from the Tyumen region. It is in Western Siberia, yes Siberia. John and I will get to travel there twice. Who knew we would have to travel 23 hours just to see snow. Today the high was 24 and snowing in Tyumen, brrrrrr! I did a little research on Tyumen which you can too but here are a few interesting facts:
1. Miss Russia 2007 was from the Tyumen region.
2. The region was est. over 400 years ago and is surrounding by two big rivers (forgot names) it was the first town est. in Siberia
3. Is called a walking city but ironically in the pictures I saw I sure did see alot of cars
4. Population is around 600,000 people ( i think that's about the size of Columbia)
5. It is cold there and snows and snows and snows ( I sure wish the boys could see that, they would get enough of snow to last a lifetime and I will probably see more snow in that trip than I have seen in my lifetime-unless we get lucky and travel in the summer) Right now it is -10 degress celcius as I am writing this. wow
It was so exciting to find out that, that is where she is from. It makes this adoption seem even more real to us. This week I am going to start collecting the paperwork, it is a little different that China but I don't think it should take me more than a month or so, we'll see. It should go faster since I've done this once already! Please pray for our baby girl.
1. Miss Russia 2007 was from the Tyumen region.
2. The region was est. over 400 years ago and is surrounding by two big rivers (forgot names) it was the first town est. in Siberia
3. Is called a walking city but ironically in the pictures I saw I sure did see alot of cars
4. Population is around 600,000 people ( i think that's about the size of Columbia)
5. It is cold there and snows and snows and snows ( I sure wish the boys could see that, they would get enough of snow to last a lifetime and I will probably see more snow in that trip than I have seen in my lifetime-unless we get lucky and travel in the summer) Right now it is -10 degress celcius as I am writing this. wow
It was so exciting to find out that, that is where she is from. It makes this adoption seem even more real to us. This week I am going to start collecting the paperwork, it is a little different that China but I don't think it should take me more than a month or so, we'll see. It should go faster since I've done this once already! Please pray for our baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: