July 3, 2012
Almost two months since my last post and so much has been keeping us busy.The end of the school year for one and then we left the day after school let out for a week long vacation, then my big boys headed off to Boy Scout Camp. We celebrated Wyatt's Birthday and Ellery has been home now SEVEN months!!! I cannot believe that. And....the two children my friend and I were advocating for and raising money found a family, very quick. Like only days after our posts. How awesome is that??

First an update on our little Scooter Bug (just one of my nick names for her). Ellery is overall doing just great. She is such a mommy's girl and I love it. She and Lily are usually within 2 feet of me at all times if possible unless something fun is happening somewhere else.

  • Her language has exploded but I foresee speech therapy in our future. She has a lot of problems pronouncing several sounds but especially the F and P sounds. Time will tell though I will probably have her evaluated soon for early intervention since it's a free service around here.
  • Her favorite saying is, "what happened?". She says it 100 times a day. She has to be in the know and when she doesn't understand what is going on she will say it.
  • She is still sleeping in a crib and I rock her to bed every night. I don't foresee this routine ending anytime soon.
  • This girl loves to swim. She has taken to water and I am so excited at how well she is doing. Today we are going to get water wings because she has grown out of the tube thingy she was swimming with. She needs something she can swim with not just float becuase she is moving her arms and putting her face down in the water.
  • On June 25 she told me she loved me after I came home from work while hugging me for the first time. That is such a special time that first time they tell you and you know it is not just something they are saying but something they are feeling.
  • She has grown a lot as well as her hair and she had her first haircut the end of June. As John put it her hair was looking kind of scraggly and since she pulls out bows and ponytails a lot we needed to clean it up. It looks cute, now we are going to grow, grow grow it out!!



This look is one she makes often, it is so her.


These are two undedited pics I took while we escaped to Kiawah Island with daddy while he had a conference. Love those free working vacations.


OTHER HAPPENINGS.....



Ellery at the zoo feeding the birds.




Ellery turned three on April 27th. I never posted any pictures but we had a small family party and
we choose Minnie Mouse whom she loves!



The Joy on her face while we sang Happy Birthday to her brought tears to my eyes.
She was so excited.



Mom and Ellery at the mall. Ellery was in a fashion show put on by my hospital for our annual
Baby Fair. She did perfect and wasn't scared at all. I have a video of it I may post later.




On Mother's Day we had our girls dedicated at church. A very special Mothers Day for me.






Mason graduated from Preschool. He is so ready to go to big boy school next year.
He will go to the same school as Lily and Wyatt.




Wyatt ended the school year sick. We had a yucky virus the last week of school.
Bobo worked hard all year for the 100 book club and read over 200 books but her missed the recognition assembly and party because he was home sick. We were so proud of him!




Sellers celebrated his last day in elementary school with a 5th Grade recognition ceremony and pool party.
He is ready for Middle School, but am I?




Noah and Sellers on family night at Boy Scout Camp.




Noah's Band After Dawn playing at a local restaraunt.



Ellery and Mason at the pool.



Ellery getting her first haircut since home.


Noah has dreamed of making Quads in the LHS Band for a year.
He auditioned for several weeks and found out just before school got out that he made it.
Now we can't wait for football season. So proud of him.


THE OCAIN CREW GOES TO ARIZONA
On June 5th we traveled to Arizona to visit my baby brother, his fiance and to see some great sites.



The Grand Canyon was spectacular but being scared of heights and falling it left me a nervous wreck. As you can see there is nothing to stop you from falling into the canyon so keeping an eye on 6 kids was nerve wracking on John and I. Here are all the kids sitting with Brian and Brenda looking over the Canyon. I couldn't stand it so after I took this picture I stepped back, way back.



This is a picture of the Wigwam Motel on Historic Route 66. It was set up with cars like in the Cars movie. Very nostalgic. I think it is sad that more of Route 66 hasn't survived.






THE BOYS in Sedona, Arizona.



We had a blast visiting Winslow, Arizona!


My brother lives in Flagstaff which was very convenient to so many sights.
We went sightseeing during the day while they worked and then hung out with them at night.
This is only a small part of all we did. We also went to Meteor Crater, The Petrified Forest, to the top of the San Fransisco Peaks, and went to Slide Rock.
A very memorable vacation indeed!!
Thanks to B+B for putting up with us for a week!

That should catch you up, I will try not to wait so long until my next post. And I have put going private on hold for now.

0 people joined the party: