December 29, 2011
When Lily was living in the Zhuhai SWI she had a very good friend named Jian Hong. Lily has a lot of pictures and talked about her all the time when she first came home. Time passed and Lily made new friends but the memories and faces of her friends from Zhuhai were forever etched in her memory. One day I was browsing blogs and ended up on a blog that was advocating for children waiting to be matched with families. While scrolling through the blog I saw a picture that looked familiar, I knew that playground. I saved the link to the picture and waited for Lily to get home to show her the picture.
Later that night I remembered the picture and showed it to Lily. I asked her did she recognize the child in the picture and the biggest smile came across her face. Very matter of fact she said, " yes, that is Zhu Jian Hong". Well I knew that name very well because Lily had talked about her so much. She got all excited and ran upstairs and got her scrapbook of pictures from her days in Zhuhai. She flipped right to a page and sure enough it was her. She even had on the same outfit that she had on in Lily's picture. I have heard of families learning about their daughters best friends adoptions and I couldn't believe I had stumbled (ok, I truly give God the credit here) upon this picture. Without it I have no doubt I may never have discovered that Jian Hong was listed for adoption here in the US. The next day I contacted the agency that had Jian's file and requested the status.I explained to them that this was my daughters best friend in China and I was told there was a family reviewing the file that was very serious and that they were to decide soon. The agency was so nice when I asked her to please pass along my contact information to the family in hopes that they would contact me or let me know if the family had decided not to proceed with her adoption. The next Monday the agency let me know that YES the family was proceeding with the adoption and they would pass along my information. I anxiously waited for them to contact me. Very shortly the mom did. We began contact and have been in close contact every since. Jian Hong is being adopted into an amazing family.
Jian Hong met her mom and dad the day after Christmas. She will be living close enough to Lily that we can see each other without it being a huge ordeal. Lily cannot wait for the day she can be reunited with her friend again. And I cannot wait to meet her sweet momma. Jian Hongs mom is blogging here about their trip to China. Check it out Jian Hong is beautiful and they are doing well.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief"
These two girls were destined to meet not once in their lifetime but twice. The thread may have gotten very tangled at one time but God untangled it and brought these two families together.
Later that night I remembered the picture and showed it to Lily. I asked her did she recognize the child in the picture and the biggest smile came across her face. Very matter of fact she said, " yes, that is Zhu Jian Hong". Well I knew that name very well because Lily had talked about her so much. She got all excited and ran upstairs and got her scrapbook of pictures from her days in Zhuhai. She flipped right to a page and sure enough it was her. She even had on the same outfit that she had on in Lily's picture. I have heard of families learning about their daughters best friends adoptions and I couldn't believe I had stumbled (ok, I truly give God the credit here) upon this picture. Without it I have no doubt I may never have discovered that Jian Hong was listed for adoption here in the US. The next day I contacted the agency that had Jian's file and requested the status.I explained to them that this was my daughters best friend in China and I was told there was a family reviewing the file that was very serious and that they were to decide soon. The agency was so nice when I asked her to please pass along my contact information to the family in hopes that they would contact me or let me know if the family had decided not to proceed with her adoption. The next Monday the agency let me know that YES the family was proceeding with the adoption and they would pass along my information. I anxiously waited for them to contact me. Very shortly the mom did. We began contact and have been in close contact every since. Jian Hong is being adopted into an amazing family.
Jian Hong met her mom and dad the day after Christmas. She will be living close enough to Lily that we can see each other without it being a huge ordeal. Lily cannot wait for the day she can be reunited with her friend again. And I cannot wait to meet her sweet momma. Jian Hongs mom is blogging here about their trip to China. Check it out Jian Hong is beautiful and they are doing well.
Lily and Jian Hong
These two girls were destined to meet not once in their lifetime but twice. The thread may have gotten very tangled at one time but God untangled it and brought these two families together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
-
2011
(116)
-
December(18)
- The Red Thread
- One Month
- Merry Christmas from The O'Cain Crew!!
- No title
- So How Is She Doing???
- There's No Place Like Home
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong
- A Tale of Three Potty's
- Last Full Day in China
- So Grateful We Answered the Call...
- A Little Video For Our Crew At Home
- Just Another Day Here in China :)
- A Glimpse of the Other Side
- I just wanted to take the time to say Thank you. ...
- Today we traveled from Nanning to Guangzhou. The ...
- A little about Ellery
- November(13)
- October(6)
- September(11)
- August(12)
- July(7)
- June(7)
- May(6)
- April(8)
- March(10)
- February(12)
- January(6)
-
December(18)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)


7 people joined the party:
Jennifer--You have shared the girls' story so beautifully! May I share this link on my blog? Jian Hong nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw this picture--she then searched for the two words she knows: "Jian Hong" and "Lily." Thank you so much for the difference you have made in our lives!!!!
Can't wait to hear that Lily and her friend have been reunited! What a day that will be! :)
Happy tears for Lily (you know I love that girl!) and Jian Hong!
Oh, I cant wait for your girls to be reunited!!!!! I cant wait to go & check out their blog! Thanks for sharing, girl!!
Amazing! Please keep us informed as to when they will see eachother again. Blessings
I've been waiting to read this since CHINA when Suzanne sent me the link! While picking up our sweet three and a half year old we traveled with the Haynie family and spent a week with beautiful Jia!!! We are in love! She's awesome!
We have eight (now) beautiful blessings and love that Suzanne pointed me to your blog! Can't WAIT to hear the rest of the story when they meet again! I'll be posting pics including Jia in the next couple days :). She kept us rolling (too funny!)
This is an awesome story and can't wait to see it come to fruition when the girls meet again tomorrow!! Glad I will be there!!! xoxox! lynne