December 1, 2011
She is talking now, a lot. She has the cutest possible voice. So far we know she has said Mama (to me!), the Chinese word for hold me (bow), the Chinese word for come here or give it to me and several things we aren't sure if they are real words or just cuteness
She sleeps like a dream.
She has unusually good fine motor skills for a delayed child. She loves to mess with packages, can button her clothes some. Her pinkies are curved and the rest of her fingers are straight.
She is communicating more with us with gestures and head nods for yes or no.
She is crazy about candy. She stole my Blow Pop and then got it all in my hair ;)
She is just so easy to love. Proud of the steps she is making towards accepting us as her parents. I just cannot express what it means that she now calls me Mama.
She is awfully quiet so I better go see what she is into.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
-
2011
(116)
-
December(18)
- The Red Thread
- One Month
- Merry Christmas from The O'Cain Crew!!
- No title
- So How Is She Doing???
- There's No Place Like Home
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong
- A Tale of Three Potty's
- Last Full Day in China
- So Grateful We Answered the Call...
- A Little Video For Our Crew At Home
- Just Another Day Here in China :)
- A Glimpse of the Other Side
- I just wanted to take the time to say Thank you. ...
- Today we traveled from Nanning to Guangzhou. The ...
- A little about Ellery
- November(13)
- October(6)
- September(11)
- August(12)
- July(7)
- June(7)
- May(6)
- April(8)
- March(10)
- February(12)
- January(6)
-
December(18)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

8 people joined the party:
"Mama"!!!! I can only imagine what that does to your heart--and it happened so soon!!!! I cannot get over how precious and adorable she is--I could ooh and ahh over her pictures all day. And in many ways, you and John have another baby in the family--how amazing is that?!!!!
Ellery is SO beautiful! I can't imagine how you and John are feeling right now. Those tears from Ellery will soon be a thing of the past. She has such a beautiful smile. I can't wait for you all to be home and see how she reacts to the loving family she has at home!
Oh my! Look at those lashes! :)
I know you loved hearing "Mama"!
"Mama" the sweetest word ever! It sounds like your baby girl is feeling more comfortable by the hour! Bless her little heart-- and her sticky face too! Next stop Guangzhou! Enjoy!
Blessings~
Tina
Hearing "Mama" is such a wonderful thing!!!! What a precious little girl Miss Ellery is!
Aw, smiles!!! Yay! (By the way, I think that just might be the most adorable coat ever.) Cute pictures! (of a super-cute girl!)
and yes, those eyelashes!! I am sure that you love hearing her sweet voice! I'd love anything other than grunting :( Hope you are safe & sound by now in GZ and are ready to enjoy your first dinner there :) The LAST LEG before home!!!! So happy for you guys and cant wait to meet up again!
SO great to see those smiles!! Wonderful news to hear she is warming up to you both even if it is little baby steps towards baba. We got great news today - No LOA yet, but should be here soon-real soon!!!!