November 6, 2011
Last Sunday Wyatt lost his second tooth at church. He had it wrapped up in a paper towel in his pocket. I asked him for the tooth so I could keep it safe until bedtime but he insisted on holding on to it. Not one minute later he dropped the tooth while we were crossing the street right over the white crosswalk. I thought we would never find it but Mason found it rather quickly. Again I asked for the tooth but he refused. Now just a few minutes later we are riding home and he loses it again. This time it is never found. To make him feel better I reassure him that he can write a letter to the Tooth Fairy and leave it under his pillow and she will still come. By bedtime we all forgot about the tooth and he didn't remember until tonight. After putting him to bed tonight he came downstairs and said, " I finished writing the letter". When I asked him what letter he said the letter to the Tooth Fairy. I read the letter and found it funny that he actually specified that he would like $5 for the tooth, way more than we give. He told me that some of the kids in his class think the Tooth Fairy was their parents. I asked him what he thought and he said it was probably the parents because they have all the money but he didn't know. LOL. Then he told me he was going to put it in a Ziploc bag and wanted to write his name on it with a permanent marker. I handed him the marker and left to run to the grocery store. When I returned I figured he was asleep so I ran upstairs with $2 in my hand to quickly leave it under his pillow. I walked in his room and peeked over his bed. The note was in the Ziploc bag tucked between his cheek and the pillow. Written in huge letters across the Ziploc bag was TO BEST MOM EVER. It warmed my heart and  a huge smile spread across my face. I turned around, ran back downstairs, put the $2 back in my wallet and pulled out a FIVE. I mean how could I not after, BEST MOM EVER!


I know it's a horrible picture, too tired to care right now!

2 people joined the party:

Sharon said...

Awwwwww!!! I mean SERIOUSLY...AWWWWWW! That is just so sweet!! We need a photo of the toothless grin!

P.S. Brinley lost her first tooth in our pool and dropped it. I couldn't believe it when Brice found it just a few minutes later!

Rebekah said...

That is so sweet!!!