October 3, 2011
The other day I noticed that our Log In Date is Ellery's birth date. On April 27, 2011 as our documents were being logged into China's adoption system our little one was turning 2. And exactly one month later we received her referral.

China is having itself a little holiday so everything right now is on hold. Hoping to be cabled this week and receive our Article 5 soon after. Don't know what that means? Don't worry it is just one more little step in the process. After seeing on some forums that average wait from LOA to TA is 74 days we could be on target for December. I've started getting a little more focused on packing and tweaking my lists. I have gotten some great ideas from blogs and China Adopt Talk. I feel like I will be well prepared but will obviously need to go in with the "go with the Flow" attitude. You just never know with toddler adoption what the experience will be like. A twelve hour flight home will probably be our biggest challenge. Have some great ideas for that though. If you have any please share!!


We just celebrated 4 of our kids birthdays in 6 weeks and I am worn out! I never got around to a special post about each birthday so I am working on a big birthday post about all of them. I barely recover from one birthday and another was right around the corner. To help with the situation I only allow the kids to have a party with friends every other year (or they can for go a party and have bigger present) so at least that helps. But somehow one little fellow talked his mom into a sleepover with 4 friends when it wasn't his year. An extra 4 boys in this house was very noticeable, all fun though. We also lowered the amount we spend on gifts. Our kids want for nothing and were very understanding. Right now they know Ellery's adoption trumps big birthday gifts! How in the world we will do Christmas and a trip to China at the same time I.do.not.know! Anyway, I am glad to say Ellery's birthday is in April. Whew!

0 people joined the party: