April 29, 2011
We spent our entire Spring Break minus Easter Day camping. We are relatively new to camping as a family. I grew up camping quite often as a little girl. You know the real kind, a tent, a blow up pool float and a sleeping bag. My kids are doing the less roughing it kind of camping that momma prefers these days. A Pop-up, mattresses, blankets and ac/heat. We normally prefer to camp in the mountains but we shook things up this time and went to the coast. We are fortunate enough to live in a location about 2.5 hours from either. I just usually go away from the heat but this time of year the whether on the coast was PERFECT!!
And I tried hard to get a picture of all 5 kiddos in a huge Oak Tree but some little people would not
cooperate so I had to settle for this....
And this...
We spent time on a replica ship from the early Charleston settlement days...and a picture that I am actually in.
Somebody tolerated the picture taking well.
While waiting for something I started playing around with the kids and gave them an emotion or situation and asked for them to make the appropriate facial reaction, it was so funny. These are a few of my favorites.
We started out the week doing a little bit of this...our kids love history, Charleston is full of wonderful history.
And we did a lot of this...(walking)
And I tried hard to get a picture of all 5 kiddos in a huge Oak Tree but some little people would not
cooperate so I had to settle for this....
And this...
We spent time on a replica ship from the early Charleston settlement days...and a picture that I am actually in.
Somebody tolerated the picture taking well.
While waiting for something I started playing around with the kids and gave them an emotion or situation and asked for them to make the appropriate facial reaction, it was so funny. These are a few of my favorites.
Our silly man
This is the are you nuts look.
Excitement.
Surprise!! (this is my favorite, it cracked me up)
I don't remember what I said to get this reaction but so funny!
Great place to take pictures.
One of my favorites of these two guys... Wyatt started school this year and these two rekindled their closeness this week, they got along so well.
Look Ma! I'm flying. They had an awesome playground.
We also did a lot of this...eat.
We had friends come spend a day with us and we had the yummiest BBQ chicken.
And celebrated a special little girls birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!
And somehow I managed not to have one decent picture of two of the things we did the most; crabbing and bike riding. Anyhoo, we had a blast and might make it a Spring Break tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

1 people joined the party:
That picture of Sellers still makes me laugh! I love it! You need to frame that one! LOL
Thank you for allowing us to invade Camp O'Cain for Bailey's bday. She loved it....even though it rained!
The chicken was YUMMY and the company was FABULOUS! Did you get my note? I think I have your sunglasses. Maybe they got wrapped up in the pink towel.