April 11, 2011
This little angel sits just at the steps of the door we go in and out many times everyday.
Rarely do I notice it or pay any attention to it at all.
Recently I was in the mood to take pictures and had no willing subjects.
I started taking pictures of random things around the yard.
John had recently trimmed back all our rose bushes and I couldn't miss our little angel.
Seven years ago this month we lost a daughter during pregnancy.
At the time I couldn't imagine I would ever heal from the grief I felt.
I remember I worked with someone who had had seven miscarriage's.
To me that is unimaginable.
But she knew the grief I was feeling and gave me this little angel.
It has moved three times and is a reminder of our daughter waiting for us in heaven.
John made the comment the other day without this loss, we may never have adopted.
You see, my fear of pregnancy and grief were what planted the seed in my head for adoption.
Without our loss we may never have taken the chance on adoption.
Though I will always be sad I never got to have my daughter here on earth to spoil and love.
I cannot imagine my life not having been changed by adoption.
(and for anyone who may be wondering...yes, my baby angel in sitiing in a bed of pinestraw, you see we southerners
love to recycle so we just rake up our yards and use that to landscape and fill our flower beds ...seriously, we do.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: