August 30, 2009
I am still having a very hard time finding the time and desire to post. I have the intent just not the motivation so this post will probably be all over the place just to get updated.
All our kiddos waiting to ride the Great Smoky Railroad on our vacation.
First off I missed posting on my son #2's birthday, Sellers. On Saturday he turned 9. We had a small get together at home, his choice, and it was so much fun. I cannot believe this is his last year in the single digits. Just growing too fast. Sellers is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars. All but one of his birthday gifts was something Star Wars, as well as the cake and decorations. Here is a recent picture of this sweet little man.


I always seem to catch his seriousness in pictures but actually he is quite goofy and lighthearted.
Everyone started back to school. Lily is in kindergarten. The school has been so wonderfully supportive of us and she has the sweetest teachers. She likes it but would prefer to stay home with me if she could. She definitely thinks school in America is easier than China. I think her school was very strict in China and she didn't get to do a lot of related arts. Her English is amazing. We can pretty much talk about anything now. We have even talked some about her life in China and she has shared with me some of her history she remembers before she was abandoned. She is a very happy child and is looking forward to going to the beach for the very first time this weekend, weather willing (rain, rain, go away!). She is also looking forward to her Birthday in September. After being given the choice of any birthday theme she surprisingly picked Tinkerbell. I expected her to pick Hello Kitty or Princesses.
Our daughter just weeks before we came to China to bring her home.
Our daughter today:

Wyatt striking a pose...
One of my favorite pictures from vacation. This is what I found in the backseat after a ice cream cone on the ride home from tubing. So funny. (and just so you know I don't ride around with my kids in car seats unstrapped, I unbuckled him for the picture. Just had to get the full effect)
First off I missed posting on my son #2's birthday, Sellers. On Saturday he turned 9. We had a small get together at home, his choice, and it was so much fun. I cannot believe this is his last year in the single digits. Just growing too fast. Sellers is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars. All but one of his birthday gifts was something Star Wars, as well as the cake and decorations. Here is a recent picture of this sweet little man.
I always seem to catch his seriousness in pictures but actually he is quite goofy and lighthearted.
Everyone started back to school. Lily is in kindergarten. The school has been so wonderfully supportive of us and she has the sweetest teachers. She likes it but would prefer to stay home with me if she could. She definitely thinks school in America is easier than China. I think her school was very strict in China and she didn't get to do a lot of related arts. Her English is amazing. We can pretty much talk about anything now. We have even talked some about her life in China and she has shared with me some of her history she remembers before she was abandoned. She is a very happy child and is looking forward to going to the beach for the very first time this weekend, weather willing (rain, rain, go away!). She is also looking forward to her Birthday in September. After being given the choice of any birthday theme she surprisingly picked Tinkerbell. I expected her to pick Hello Kitty or Princesses.
Our daughter just weeks before we came to China to bring her home.Our daughter today:
Noah is in the 7th grade. All I can say is it is going to be another long year for Noah. This is a child that HATES homework and he has reached a point where homework is actually very important. Projects are a big thing here and they expect a lot from their students. He says he is refusing to sing a rap his SS teacher is requiring he write about latitude and longitude and rap in front of the class. I do question the educational significance of something like this and requiring him to do something that embarrases him. I just hope we survive this year. He is trying to earn a puppy by having a better year than last. Honestly we agreed on the bet certain there was no way he would do it. He is trying hard and might just prove us wrong. Noah tried out for the football team for his school but didn't make it. He was crushed but quickly recovered after we signed him up for golfing lessons.
Wyatt striking a pose...
Wyatt and Mason started preschool last Wednesday. They are doing well and are great with going along with the flow, something that is so important in a big family with working parents.
We are all adjusting to our new normal. At times it is so hard but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Our children have blessed us so much, Thank you God!
Next up: church, adoption, and my heart.
(not going to edit so excuse any mistakes!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

1 people joined the party:
All of your children are beautiful.
My sons love Star Wars, too--although it is waning a bit.
It looks like Lily is doing wonderfully.
Blessings,
Sarah