July 17, 2008
My children love fruit. The problem is when I buy something different they like it's gone in a blink, so I try to "police" eating the fruit so it will last more than a day. One of their favorites are clementines. Small, juicy, easy to peel and if good they are oh so sweet and not very cheap. I bought some and sure enough they were going crazy wanting to eat them. Wyatt wanted one, one night after I said the kitchen was CLOSED! (my new phrase for -no you can not have anything else to eat today).
Wyatt: Mom, what's the magic word to get an orange?
Mom: (smiling and thinking about it)
Wyatt: Hocus Pocus?
Mom: Hocus Pocus? No. ( It is so hard to resist when they are this cute!)
Wyatt: What is the magic word?
Mom: Well, if you want an orange the magic words are, Mom is pretty (I decided I don't hear that enough)
Wyatt: Ok . Mom is pretty. ( and of course I give him an orange, not without the other boys noticing of course)
5 minutes later
Wyatt: What's the magic word to get another orange, Hocus Pocus?
How can I resist? I gave him another orange. That kid knows how to get to me.
Wyatt: Mom, what's the magic word to get an orange?
Mom: (smiling and thinking about it)
Wyatt: Hocus Pocus?
Mom: Hocus Pocus? No. ( It is so hard to resist when they are this cute!)
Wyatt: What is the magic word?
Mom: Well, if you want an orange the magic words are, Mom is pretty (I decided I don't hear that enough)
Wyatt: Ok . Mom is pretty. ( and of course I give him an orange, not without the other boys noticing of course)
5 minutes later
Wyatt: What's the magic word to get another orange, Hocus Pocus?
How can I resist? I gave him another orange. That kid knows how to get to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: