July 25, 2008













I Would Gather Children

Some would gather money
Along the path of life,
Some would gather roses,
And rest from wordly strife.
But I would gather children
From among the thorns of sin,
I would seek a golden curl,
And a freckled toothless grin.
For money cannot enter,
In that land of endless day,
And roses that are gathered
Soon will wilt along the way.
But oh, the laughing children,
As I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven,
I can take them in with me!


I stumbled onto this poem on a blog of a family who recently adopted a child. There are times I wish I could gather children from around the world and take care of them.There are millions of orphans in the world and if only 7% of Christians in the world adopted a child there would be no more orphans. What an awesome thought. For every child in the world to have a home and parents, love and food. No child left alone, crying with no one to love or hold them. God calls christians to care for orphans, but why don't we care more? Why don't more of us do something to help? It has definitely been pressed on my heart to do something. I don't know exactly what yet (besides adopting one day from China hopefully) but I have been praying about it. I am excited about the possibilities of what it may be. I anxiously wait, knowing that God has the perfect plan for me.

0 people joined the party: