April 11, 2008
I should know by now that when children (this time 4 btwn 18 mos and 3) are all playing quietly they are up to something and it probally isn't good. This morning I was watching my niece and nephew. The 4 normally play together well so I really didn't think too much about it when I heard them quietly playing in Mason's room. In a matter of about 10 minutes at the most they made a BIG mess. I was standing in the den on the phone with a friend when in they come. I notice the wet looking spots on the clothes (ok water ), no. then I notice the disheveled hair (what?) then I notice the EMPTY jar of Vaseline in someones hand. I panicked. My niece had on a brand new dress, but luckily she escaped the Vaseline bandits. The three boys were covered in Vaseline. Ok strip clothes, throw them in water, run bath, stick 3 slippery boys in the tub, little girl says 'I have a poopy (over and over), wash hair, wash hair, wash hair, change diaper, sister-in-law arrives, eat lunch, boys out of the tub, dried, clothed,playing. Did you know Vaseline doesn't wash out of hair easily, my sister-in-law called this afternoon, after 10 attempts his hair is still very greasy she even researched on the Internet and tried cornstarch-but no luck. ( Sorry T) Moral of the story: 1. do not leave Vaseline where kids can get it, and 2. always check on kids when they are too quiet (you know what I'm talking about). And the craziest part of it all is that I love it. Not necessarily the mess but the kids, their silliness and their ability to have a blast with nothing but a jar of Vaseline and then a bath!

0 people joined the party: