February 8, 2008
This past week has been so busy. Between dental appointments, late start days, early release, preschool registration, my first theory test, a quiz , a change from trumpet to snare drum for Noah, and house decisions it has been non stop. Everything we had to do is done. The boys got into the preschool classes we wanted, I made a 90 on my first test (which is great bc 80% of my class failed), Noah is so thrilled with the drum that he completed a weeks worth of practice in 2 days and the house decisions were made ( with a little help).

The whole change with Noah's instrument choice was a hard decision. As a parent I wanted him to keep up with the trumpet and see it through to the end of the year but his band teacher suggested a change. Even though he did not test well to play the drums it seems that the desire to play the drums may compensate for the lack of natural talent. I hope he continues to love it and practice.

I had my first weekend of clinical and it went ok. I was the med nurse and had to give all meds (except IV ) to four patients. I never sleep well the night before clinical so I was exhausted. I think things went pretty well I am adjusting to my new clinical group and instructor. My instructor is very laid back, probally too much and I just wish I had a little more guidance, I am after all giving medications that could kill someone if I made a bad mistake. I am really impressed with LMC's medication system, it is much better than other systems I have used. Next week I am the team leader and will be assigning patients to my team and will have to be "in charge" of my team for the weekend.

0 people joined the party: