February 22, 2008
This picture was taken just after I celebrated Valentine's Day with the 5 men in my life!

This has been another busy week. I guess realistically they all are. This week, John commented, has been the week of unending laundry. It feels like there is no end to it and it doesn't help that we have the slowest dryer in the world. I am not kidding when I say that, sometimes it takes one load 2 hours to dry! Another issue is folding the clothes up and putting them away. I have actually considered allowing each boy only one color for everything so we know who's is who's. It is especially hard since Noah and Sellers are in the same size on some things. And I won't even touch the sock issue, I think when we move I am going to do like a friend of mine. No more sorting socks, she just had a sock basket all socks go into, when you want a pair that's where you'll find them. That is of course if one didn't get eaten by the washer or dryer.

I had another one of those moments this week when I get down about the slow down in the China Adoption program. One night John and I were talking about whether we should switch programs and looked into other countries but we still feel the pull to China. We decided we would kind've wait and see and give it a year or so to see what is happening then. I went to bed feeling blue that night, I can't really explain what this feels like, maybe like wanting to get pregnant really bad but you keep trying and nothing happens. You just don't really know when it is going to happen. So when I woke up the next morning I was getting ready to go to clinical at 6 am and as I bent down to get my hair straightner I saw this keychain on the vanity. I had never seen this key chain before and it caught my attention because I saw a Bible verse and the word wait so I looked at it closely and read "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles..." Isiah 40:31. As I continued to get ready I thought about that verse and realized how God had placed that verse in my path and I smiled because it is what I have known all along. I have to trust God. I put my faith in him that everything with this adoption will happen according to his plan. I must trust and wait on him. I couldn't stop thinking about that verse and even thanked God on the way to the hospital for it, I have a feeling I will be thinking about that verse alot in the upcoming years as we wait for Ellery. And as for the keychain, it is my father in laws for his truck John had borrowed and I had never noticed it before.

0 people joined the party: